Emotional Referral Zone 4
The fourth ERZ contains the powerhouse of the human energy system. From its middle position, the fourth zone mediates between the body and spirit, and determines their health, strength, and balance. It is the heart center of the body. This ERZ is the keeper of the power of forgiveness and rules the process of transformation. The heart center regulates all issues pertaining to emotions related to love and hatred. It also governs the spiritual challenge of forgiving oneself.
There are six steps in empowering the heart and learning forgiveness:
- Commit yourself to healing all the way to the source of the pain (heart).
- Identify your wounds and establish meaning to each.
- Identify how your wounds influence you.
- Identify the good that has and can come from your wounds. Start living in the present moment,within the consciousness of appreciation and gratitude.
- Forgive. Evaluate what you need to do to forgive. Identify what you are forgiving. Release thenegative influence of your wounds.
- Think love and continue living appreciation and gratitude. Invite change into your life.
Point Of Focus: Love is Divine Power
Although intelligence or “mental energy” is generally considered superior to emotional energy, emotional energy is actually the true motivator of the human body and spirit. Love in its purest form unconditional love is the substance of the Divine, with its endless capacity to forgive us and respond to our prayers. Our own hearts are designed to express compassion, forgiveness, and love.
Center of the chest, heart and circulatory system, lungs, shoulders, arms and hands, ribs/breasts, diaphragm, thymus gland.
Congestive heart failure, heart attack, mitral valve prolapse, cardiomegaly, asthma/allergy, lung cancer, bronchial pneumonia, upper back, shoulder pain, breast cancer.
Love, hatred, bitterness, grief, anger, jealousy, inability to forgive, self-centeredness, fears of loneliness, commitment and betrayal, compassion, hope trust, ability to heal yourself and others
Questions For Self Examination
- What emotional memories do you still need to heal?
- What relationships in your life require healing?
- Do you ever use your emotional wounds to control people or situations? If so, describe them?
- Have you allowed yourself to be controlled by the wounds of another?
- Will you let that happen again?
- What fears do you have about becoming emotionally healthy?
- What is your understanding of forgiveness?
- Who are the people you need to forgive, and what prevents you from letting go of the pain you associatewith them?
- What have you done that needs forgiving? Who is working to forgive you?
- What is your understanding of a healthy, intimate relationship?
Emotional Referral Zones 1- 7, adapted By Robert G. Schwartz, M.D., from Myss.com